Integrated Media Asset Management
Nowadays, in a highly fast and competitive environment, media asset management is one of the most important issues for companies and organizations. Also, the volumes of content are increasing rapidly and are dispersed in different locations and storages. On the other hand, rights and permissions must be tracked and distributing content to different platforms is required. To boost productivity levels of companies, staff members need to be able to rapidly search, access, preview, edit and deliver content to different platforms. Therefore, paying attention to the media asset management processes is very important in audiovisual and Entertainment industries.
SAMIMTECH Co. as a leading company in designing and manufacturing of innovative broadcast end-to-end solutions, offers an integrated Media Asset Management (iMAM) system based on BPMS and BPMN2. This system manages, organizes and catalogues the assets in a centralized way to ease the content searching, recovering and distribution tasks. It provides all the tools necessary to manage assets from ingest to distribution. Our workflow orchestrator manages the entire processes in an automatic workflow at minimum cost and maximum efficiencies.
- Web-based:Web-based user interface allows quick deployment of updates without software installation process.
- Based on BPMS and BPMN2: BPMS workflow engine brings solid benefits, especially in task management assigned to staff, automation of repetitive tasks and overall business analysis for the executive team. These systemsare more flexible, customizable and provide more insight into large operations with reports and dashboards.
- Ingest: The primary function of a MAM system is to bring media into the unified storage in a controlled manner, allow management and enrichment of the assets by the users, and then publish or distribute that media in many different ways in order to increase the monetization of the materials.
- Proxies Generation: This process generates a reference “proxy” file, usually a frame accurate representation to the original media. Once, content is ingested in the system, a proxy version with different bitrates is generated.From that moment, depended on where the user is, it will be possible to preview media, export EDLs and web-based frame accurate editing. All, without having to access the high-resolution files.
- Enrichment: Enriching media assets in the iMAM includes adding metadata from multiple sources.
- File-based Quality Control: Quality control in this system consists of multi-format support, advanced multi-parameter detection, simultaneous and iterative analysis and customized reporting and alerts.
- Transcoding: Advanced transcoders integrated to the MAM system enables you to convert medias from\to any format and generate different versions of original file for delivering to different platforms.
- Advanced Search:Search engine is the core of the iMAM system which provides quick seeking and displaying of the media according to user requests.
- Web-based Player and Editor: The web-based video player increases efficiency in media management. It can be used in many workflows for different purposes such as VIEW, TAGGING, AUDITING, EDITING (ROUGH-CUT), EPG EDITING, etc.
- Unified Controlled Access: Gives you full control over who can access content and what they can do with it.
- Watermarking: Powerful watermarking technology is used to add invisible watermark to video file as a part of DRM.
- Hashing and encryption: Reliable hashing and encryption algorithms are available to protect integrity and Confidentiality of assets.
- Integration with Third Parties: The system architecture is designed to simplify the integration of new systems.
- Storage management: Although the main storage is Manages the transfer of assets across the different storage devices part of the workflow.
- Deep Archive: The system is fully prepared for deep archive functionalities on LTFS enabled LTO drives.
- Publishing and Delivery: Leveraging micro services such as watermarking, transcoders, etc., allows workflow technology to maximize the versions the assets can take upon export.